Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Creative Commons Sharealike License
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services. Let's go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It's probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a ptocheck.com account to provide an email address, –and that's it. You may provide us with more information -- like your address and other information you want to share -- but we don't require that information to create a ptocheck.com account.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy a subscription to a ptocheck.com plan, you will provide additional payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as credit card information. We do not store any financial information but instead transfer the transaction to stripe.com servers. Please see https://stripe.com/privacy
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
Log Information: We collect your log in and log out times, and the IP address you are using at the time. That is all. Unlike most online service providers, we do not collect any information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, operating system, and mobile network information.
Information from Cookies & Other Technologies: A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor's computer, and that the visitor's browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. We use it only so that you don't have to log in again during a session. That is all.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account.
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you through an email.
We Do Not Share Information
We do not sell our users' private personal information. We do not share information about you to anyone except
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren't able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Use by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.
How to Contact Us
Please email us at ops[@]ptocheck[.]com